Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

.:I am in need of a heart transplant every day:.

Yesterday, I've got a message from Halifax, to let us know that Aaron's files where officially  send to the Sikkids Hospital in Toronto.  That is where we are going to see the doctor.  
 That is a great blessing! 
Last week, we received an email from the Doctor telling us that he will contact us for an appointment as soon as he get Aaon's files.
Here's a video about Sickkids...

There was a message in my inbox this morning... It came from a mother's heart.  She is also part of the Cardiomyopathy Foundation's connect group.  Yet I don't know her personally,  I felt compelled to meet her and give her a hug.  Her message went directly to my heart.  She has experienced real trials, real sufferings but, today, she has encouraged me greatly  and reached my heart without knowing it.  Here's what her message said...

I am a mommy to four sweet blessings. (We had a fifth who did not receive a heart transplant in time.) Our youngest is a heart transplant recipient. We school them at home, and I feel stretched pretty thin at times. There have been many times in hospital rooms, and at home, when I just don't feel like I can make it. 


Forgive me, but I must share my heart, unashamedly, however politically incorrect.
( If God is offensive to you, you might want to delete this now. I think that most parents in our positions are past worrying about that silliness like that anyway. ) Living with life and death struggles
every day can make us understand that there is someone bigger than us holding us up. I am in
need of a heart transplant every day.

Spiritually speaking, I have a weak, sick, worn out heart,
and I am in need of a replacement daily in order to have the
strength and health to face the day, and care for my precious family. Luckily, the very
  God who created me is in the business of heart transplants. And He renews me continually.

 Our lives can be so overwhelming. They can feel isolated and lonely. They can be scary and uncertain. They can hurt-indescribable hurt that can threaten to crush the very will
out of us. But God does mercifully provide above and beyond  what we desperately
  need not just to survive it, but to live it richly! In daily spending time with Him through His Word in Bible reading and prayer He fills me, comforts me, strengthens me, instructs me, renews me. Whether we received the physical heart transplants we prayed for or not, He has faithfully renewed my spiritual heart and filled it with joy that blankets every detail of the life He has put me here to live. (Ezekiel 11:19 And
  I will give them one heart, and
  I will put a new spirit within you;
  and I will take the stony heart out
  of their flesh, and will give them  an heart of flesh:) 


He has given me rock solid security in His love for me, and
His faithfulness to plan every detail of my life for my
ultimate good. I need not question His wisdom in taking my children home, or in sending illness into our lives. He owes me no explanations, but  He has graciously proven His goodness to us through every moment. He has turned tears of despair into tears of joy, He has turned doubt into trust and security, meaningless into purpose, confusion into understanding.

 So my priority in caring for myself every day is above all else, to spend time with the Loving Father who  both created me and sustains me. This is more important than any of the other good things I can do for myself. Before I exercise, feed or rest my body, I exercise, feed, and rest my spiritual heart. Before I look to the wonderful family, friends, and care givers that He  has provided for support, I go right to the source, God Himself. ( Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.) (2 Peter 1:3 According as His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge if Him that hath called us to glory and virtue. )

 I cannot put my kids first unless I have put our Father even before them. He does not take my attention from them, He enables them to selflessly serve my family. He does not require me to give to them until I am empty, He calls me to be filled to overflowing with His boundless riches that I can then be poured out for them-without ever being empty!

 (Isaiah 55:1-2 Ho, every one that thirsted, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money: come ye, buy, an eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Wherefore
do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfied not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.) I don't believe it was any mistake that God called Jesus "The Bread of Life",  and "Living Water". It is because He knows we need Him more desperately than we need even physical provision.

 I have no intentions of preaching,

I humbly and prayerfully share my "tip" in hopes that someone
will be encouraged and strengthened in the same way that He
does for me. If God has filled you, I would love to hear
how. 

 Amanda
Have a great day!
Blessings,
Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings